Sunday 31 March 2013

2 weeks to go

Training this week hasn't gone to plan, with hospital visits, Weddings and my mum arriving for a holiday from Lancashire. My mileage has taken the hit as I've only managed 2 sessions this week. This has been part of the learning curve. I must learn to stick to the plan unless its a family emergency. On a plus side, Im loving my current trainers, which are Saucony Fast twitch 5's. These are great road shoes for Over pronators 
Saucony
Change of Plan

I had a phone call this week from the organiser of the 12hr Endurance challenge at the Ford Test track.

She told me that unfortunately they have had to cancel the event as " only four nutters have signed up"

Am I really a nutter???



I am still running for 12 hours on the 29th June 2013. I just need to find a new venue.
I will keep you updated!!!

So you can still have a guess how far I'm going to travel and maybe win some cash. See Paula Lambert, Helen Pybus, Linda Drew, Mel Young, Andrea Hoskins, Marcin, and Debbie le Grice to place your guess. Thanks again guys and gals for your help.

Fitness tip# 2    Water is very important when training. Drink plenty because you may sweat and a water loss equal to 2% of your body weight, will mean a 20% loss in your Aerobic capacity. Hydration


Diary of a Long Distance Runner
Week 2

Tuesday 26th March 2013   6 miles steady early morning run. Dry, but cold.

Saturday 30th March 2013 18 miles, steady run, very cold and snowy in places. Happy with how my feet are feeling at the end, just need my legs to feel the same.



2 weeks to go until Giving site goes live.

No comments:

Post a Comment