Tuesday 24 September 2013

Looking ahead




. Please please click here and have a look


I'm loving my running at the moment. My legs are feeling great. This week I have felt the need to look for some races that could offer me a challenge and therefore give my training a direction and purpose.

Here's a couple I have found. The first one is May 2014




London to Brighton

The second is August 2014




Grim reaper 100 miler

ANYONE FANCY JOINING ME, GIVE ME A CALL

Well today Paula and myself ran a tough half marathon, it was warm and hilly and a 2 lap course. I never knew that Ipswich had so many hills in it.







I told myself that I would just use it as a training run as my mile pace had dropped off since increasing my distance. About 5 seconds after the gun went, my competitive head kicked in and training run session ended and race session started.
Paula finished in a time of 1:53 and I finished in 1:44.





Diary of a long distance runner

16th September 2013 -4.5 miles fast pace on the road, lovely dry autumnal morning. Felt good

17th September 2013 -3 miles fast pace,on the road, cool and dry
17th September 2013 - 4.3 miles steady pace with Paula, on the road, weather cool but dry

18th September 2013- 3 miles on the road, lovely cool morning.

No running as I was on a course in Birmingham and it was too intense, felt a couple of days rest would be more beneficial




22nd September 2013 - Ipswich half marathon- warm, dry day, road race, very hilly- race pace 7:56 average, 1:44:06 finish time. Happy with that.

WOW !!!! My Donations have reached 15%


THANK YOU EVERYONE WHO HELPED ME GET THERE.






No comments:

Post a Comment