Tuesday 8 April 2014

2014


My blogging hasn't been happening but my running has. I've changed things that I was doing, because it wasn't working or I was getting too tired or injured. Its hard work training for ultras and working full time. My partner  Paula, has to put up with a lot and sometimes miss out on lie ins and relaxing weekends, and I am so grateful to her for her patience
I think families, partners, girlfriends/boyfriends can be overlooked when accepting to do some challenge. I'm lucky I've found an understanding one, most of the time.

Some of my changes.....

As mentioned in my last post, I now attend Yoga classes. I try and go at least once a week. I find it's abit of relaxing me time and my lower back and legs have so far been injury free. 

I was finding with my training, that I was putting myself under pressure with my training runs, by planning my runs in terms of distance. This on occasions wasn't giving me time to stretch following the session. I now look at what time I have, I then take off 20 minutes and then the time left, is my run time. If I'm having a good or bad day, the time remains the same. So far so good, I don't feel under pressure to get back and the all important stretches at the end, are able to be done.

I feel that these two changes alone, have moved me forward greatly.

This is my run chart now.

Latest on the fundraising front........

I'm over half way.....whoop whoop!!!!!

The last bit of fundraising was an Exercisathon on Sunday 23rd March at the Waterlane Leisure centre.

This event was from 10am until 5pm. 4 rooms, 28 classes, 15 fantastic instructors. It was a great day. Still waiting for all the sponsorship money to come in.


I would like to thank all those that took part, all the instructors and those that helped to make the day go as well as it did.

As I publish this, the 2014 MDS will be coming to an end, and so the 12 months planning really starts now.

Thanks to the ultramarathon store, who are still sponsoring me. Please have a look at their website at.  http://www.ultramarathonrunningstore.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment