Monday 27 May 2013

an outstanding 2 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!

Well what can I say about The first Regiment reunion in Grantham........ It was awesome. lots of beer drunk, lots of memories relived, lots of food eaten, lots of laughs had.


Thanks Dean, JB, Baz and anyone else who helped organise this great event














We had an auction:





And we had a Regiment piper
Regiment Reunion Piper

Old friends met:






Boys toys- thanks Ged






After a short sleep in my Travellodge, we were treated to Breakfast at Geds Cafe.







Best of all I managed to get £107 worth of mile guesses in 25 minutes. Thanks to my brothers in arms, Per Ardua. Roll on next year.


I ran over 26.2 miles for the first time



(See previous post)


I think that makes me an Ultra runner  wow!!!!!!!!!!!








Last Wednesday I Pb'd the Gt Yarmouth 5 miler in a time of 34:19





And today in a hot and crowded race ,I pb'd 10k in the Bupa 10,000 run around London. I finished in 1000 place out of 11,000 runners in a time of 43:45.




Fitness Tip#8           Enjoy Enjoy Enjoy

Like your runs, dont make them a chore. Vary your routes and the views that you will see. If your not enjoying it, have a break or make your runs fun for a while.

Diary of a Long Distance Runner

Sunday  12th May 2013 -  8.25 mile steady run with Paula

Thursday 16th May - 35 + miles in 6 hours

Monday 20th May - race pace 6 miles, warm

Wednesday 22nd May -  Race pace 5 miles, warm and dry

Monday 27th May - Race pace 6 miles, very warm


This Blogs Donation Roll of honour

Sean Allerton - good friend from my past and an outstanding fundraiser

Jonno Johnson -  another one of my Brothers in Arms

Steve Paul - a Brother gunner Ive never met (yet)

Jade Woodward - a work Colleague of my girlfriend Paula

Thank You!!!!!!!!!!

5 weeks to my 12 hour endurance run, Keep guessing, the more you guess, the more you could win.


No comments:

Post a Comment