Sunday 2 June 2013

Daft and frustrated.com

Following my 2 pb's from last week, I have had to take it very very easy this week. It's been a steep learning curve but I've learnt the hard way.
I'm getting to old to run races especially short distances without enough warming up.
On Mondays race I had a bit of trauma to my right hamstring and the previous 5 mile race, I suffered abit of trauma to my left hamstring.both caused by racing and not properly warmed up.
So I rested this week, till Saturday. Where I planned to do a slow marathon ish. I am very motivated for running at the moment especially the longer runs, which I feel is good.
Saturday morning, perfect running conditions, dry, not too sunny. I managed just under 5 miles and my left leg said Nooooooo!!!! It felt like somebody had stuck a hot knife in there. 😞That was the end of that. Spent the rest of the day resting, icing, compressing and elevating.
Feel very frustrated, but at the same time I feel that I have learnt a valuable lesson. Act your age Mark, lol.
Whilst resting I've planted some crops. Beet root, carrots, and spinach in my little veg patch




- Posted from my iphone

No comments:

Post a Comment