Sunday 20 October 2013

Back on it





After last weeks, disappointing mileage, I got back onto it. It's hard in the mornings, when it's dark and wet. I want to do the ultra races knowing that I've done the training and that I'm not just relying on my " not going to give in" attitude. Some days I would rather stay under the nice warm duvet, instead of tramping damp cold Tarmac.

On the fundraising side, Paula and me joined up with the Lowestoft Mencap group and went bag packing in the local Asda store. On a not as busy as normal Saturday we packed bags from 10am till 3 pm and got a fantastic £444.76. Thank you all involved.








Diary of a long distance runner

Monday 14th October 2013 - 3 miles steady run. On the road
Tuesday 15th October 2013- 5 miles on the road including links hill, fast pace
Wednesday 16th October 2013- 4 miles on the road, steady pace
Thursday 17th October 2013- 3 miles early morning run
Thursday 17th October 2013- 5 miles afternoon steady run
Friday 18th October 2013- 4 miles steady seafront run, cool early morning
Friday 18th October 2013 - 3 miles railway path run, steady in the afternoon
Sunday 20th October 2013- 8 miles slow road run with Paula, warm dry morning.

Meal of my week

Spicy chicken tortilla tower- which contained spicy chicken, guacamole, salsa, sour cream, cheddar cheese, spring onion and coriander. Lovely, if I do say so myself.




Click here if you want to try this recipe





Click and have a look

No comments:

Post a Comment