Sunday 27 October 2013

British winter time is here




Well the clocks went back, which probably means instead of training in shorts and vest, I will now have to dig out my running tights and thermal T-shirts. Will have to up the motivation stakes to keep on top of my training.

Well look how bonkers the weather was today!!!!



Click to view




Click here
I purchased a new pair of shoes to try this week. I thought I would try an ultra shoe. I went for the big boy of running shoe, the hoka one Mafate 3. When I say say big, I mean big.




They wouldn't look out of place on Elvis. The Hoka range are all neutral shoes, so I have to wait to get an orthotic insert before going on a long run. However I thought I would try them on a short run ( 3 miles). They certainly put a spring in your step. It feels like you have sponges on your feet.
I will review all the shoes I have bought, in the New year. Which ain't far away.
Food of the week - a hot chilli con carne to keep me warm!!!!








Diary of a long distance runner

Mon 21st Oct 2013- 3 miles steady on the road
Tues 22nd Oct 2013- 4.25 on the road, steady afternoon run
Weds 23rd Oct 2013- 4 miles early morning at a steady pace
Weds 23rd Oct 2013- 3 miles on the road, steady in the afternoon
Thurs 24th Oct 2013- 3 miles early morning at a steady pace
Thurs 24th Oct 2013- 3 miles afternoon run down the seafront
Fri 25th Oct 2013- 7 road run in the evening, race pace
Sun 27th Oct 2013- 11 miles, wet, windy morning, steady run with Paula.




Thanks for reading






No comments:

Post a Comment